- All entries into the competition must be your original work and must not infringe the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, or otherwise be unlawful.
- tve has overall discretion in determining whether to publish, screen or broadcast any material.
- tve is entitled without liability to you to cancel the competition and/or to make reasonable adjustments to the competition rules at any time.
2. The Global youth video competition
- The Global youth video competition is open to any person in any country between 18 and 30 on the closing date for entries, 18 August 2017. The purpose of the competition is for people worldwide to show their video diary about action on climate.
- The video diary must address one of two categories:
- Climate friendly and resilient cities
- Only entry forms submitted through the biomovies.tve.org website will be considered. The video file must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org using the WeTransfer.com website. Proposals must be submitted by 23.00 GMT on 18 August 2017.
- Entries can be submitted in any language but English subtitles must be provided.
- The finalist films may be screened on TV, used for publicity purposes or shown at other events. tve does not commit to using the films for any of the purposes listed.
- Only films displayed on tve‘s Inspiring Change YouTube channel will be considered for voting.
3. Judging process
- All entries submitted will be reviewed for each category. The judging panel will then decide the finalists or winning entries.
- Any entry which doesn’t follow the rules or guidelines will be disqualified.
- The selection of the shortlists and winners will not be up for dispute. The judging panel’s decision is final and conclusive, and no further discussion will be entered into.
4. Voting process
- The winning films for the Global Youth Video Competition and the short film proposals will be selected by viewer vote on tve‘s Inspiring Change YouTube channel.
- The voting system will operate by one view = one vote.
- Only views on tve‘s YouTube channel will count towards the competition.
- tve reserves the right to disqualify an entry if it discover voting irregularities. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The voting process for the sustainable worlds on Minecraft competition will take place on the biomovies.tve.org website.
- tve and its sponsors may use the material and any personal details provided for any promotional, marketing and publicity proposed in any media without notice and without any fee being payable to you.
- By entering into this competition, you hereby release and agree to hold harmless tve and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, agents, representatives, independent contractors, officers, employees, directors, and the tvebiomovies 2017 judging panel from and against any and all claims, liabilities, costs, damages and expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to your entry to the competition, your use or acceptance of any prize, or the use by tve of any proposals submitted by you.
- By entering this competition, you grant to tve, our sponsors, licensees and affiliates a worldwide royalty-free right to record, edit, use, reproduce, screen and distribute in the following media: print, film, television, online, electronic or by any other means currently known or yet to be devised, the competition entries you submit to the tvebiomovies competition 2017; and to use your picture, voice, name, likeness, and data provided by you for the competition in publicity and advertising concerning any such use of your entry.
6. Law and disputes
- The competition is governed by and subject to the laws of England. The decisions of tve are final and binding in all discretionary matters relating to this competition.